Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I am hooked!

One thing that I like to tell here, is the fact that I bought my first Apple computer, the Mac Mini. I took the bigger model with 2 Ghz and expanded the memory with 1 gb making it now 2 gb. I bought it in Taiwan because I found out that it's about 230 euro's cheaper then Europe. Furthermore Apple delivers it with an adapter that takes 110 - 240 volts, so only the wire I had to exchange back home. And it's really remarkabe. This is a small box with magic. It performs so good, it's beyond my expectations. I am really impressed and I feel my creative juices running again. I hooked up my Lacie drives and I can now exchange all the files from my PC. Even migrating iTunes was a small effort and so smooth that I am still jaw dropping. I will keep my PC as backup and garbage can for all the internet clutter. Sorry Bill, but that's how I see a Windows machine these days. For backing up the garbage.

Ok let's be fair, I still have some pretty games and other 3D design programms running. But that will be about it.

I've been playing (I can hardly call it work) now for 2 days and I still discover new things. Because I am used to Windows, I am a real digger when it comes to software, and boy, I found some pretty neat tools. I bought also an extra Lacie for the Time machine function, and making a second partition was not more effort then a blink of the eye. Yeah, yeah, I know I am drooling and over enthusiastic, but hey let me have my moment of glory ;-)

 

Of course I am aiming for the iMac 24 inch, but that's a matter of time and money. For now I can start enjoying working on my tiny lovely Mac. Thanks Steve, for being innovative, smart, thinking from the user point of view, and making the first step affordable. I don't mind if you make bigger bucks and are more expensive, though this last statement is just depending on how you look on things. I don't mind your "reality distortion field" capabilities, as long as you keep making these kind of innovative products, I will be a loyal customer. Apple RULEZ!

 


No comments: