Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The power of miniature worlds




When I was about 7, I liked to walk thru the pages of "Revell"  a famous German brand in toys that made products for miniature worlds for train lovers. Besides that they had all the material to create your own downsized copy of reality. I remember how I loved these pictures coz they seemed to reflect a sort of utopia to me. Especially the post war architecture of Germany was somehow attractive to me. Still this architecture can be found traveling around in Germany.

To reflect this old memory I created two pictures of miniature words myself. The fun thing though that this is all software based and are actually real worlds that I manipulated with the tilt-shift technology. Normally this is done by using a special device to tilt-shift the lens, in this case I found a neat trick within photoshop to create the same feeling. I hope you were fooled by the first look at these pictures.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we were the two little toys down there a while ago bb! nice job!!

Zeekat said...

fooled me :D

Bobby D. said...

reminds me of madurodam where a wedding is always in progress and sports and nude sunbathing and so forth